Building a better future
$4.5 million in grants
We award grants to empower creators to have a positive, inclusive impact using RT3D in the areas of education, digital health and wellbeing, and sustainability.
$1.4 billion in-kind donations
We donate our products and services to enable more real-time 3D (RT3D) learners and more creators to earn using our platform and tools.
Net-zero carbon emissions
We are setting ambitious science-based targets, beginning with offsetting our 2020 emissions calculation, and are committed to do so every year.
Executive KPIs tied to ESG goals
Our goals are integral to who we are as an organization, which is why we have integrated ESG-related key performance indicators (KPIs) into our executive compensation structure.
Employee health and wellness
We support employees holistically. In 2021, we launched additional mental-health and work-from-home benefits to support employee wellbeing.
Employee support for communities
Over the course of 2021, Unity employees donated and directed investments of $468,024 into communities and causes around the globe.
Environment and sustainability
As global citizens who share the planet, we are dedicated to taking action on climate change by reducing our environmental impact today and into the future. Environmental sustainability is at the heart of many of our initiatives, including operations, partnerships, charitable giving, and business strategy.
Our 2021 highlights:
- Net-zero carbon emissions
- Completion of baseline greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions inventory and materiality assessment
- Signing on to the Science Based Targets initiative’s (SBTi) Business Ambition for 1.5°C
Governance at Unity
We operate responsibly in everything we do to ensure that the future we are helping build is equitable and inclusive.
- Unity acquired OTO, an AI-driven content moderation tool that aims to detect toxicity and harassment in multiplayer gaming and works to make online voice-chat environments safer.
- Last year, we adopted Enhesa, a compliance intelligence tool, to assist with Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) compliance monitoring and self-audit capacity across Unity.
- For 2022, all executive leaders have Purpose Goals that will be evaluated as part of their compensation.
At the core of our ESG strategy are people – our employees, creators, and the global community.
Urban Arts Partnership (UAP)
Urban Arts Partnership’s School of Interactive Arts program teaches Unity to open industry doors for underrepresented students and under-resourced schools.
Games for Change (G4C)
G4C runs a robust portfolio of programs that highlight innovative approaches to using games and immersive media for social impact. We collaborated on the Cross-Cultural Impact Jam to uplift marginalized voices and advocate for meaningful social issues using RT3D experiences.