What is Pixyz used for?
Pixyz products enable you to optimize 3D data workflows and prepare 3D data for any visualization use.
- Optimize complex 3D models to create real-time application-ready assets.
- Automate preparation and processing of 3D, CAD and point cloud pipelines.
- Enable instant review and seamless collaboration.
Automate and optimize your data pipeline
These Pixyz products ensure your 3D data is optimized for Unity regardless of the source. The Pixyz tessellation algorithm makes it easy to go from import to real-time publishing.
Annual subscription: €1,800 per seat
Standalone tool for data preparation
- Import/convert CAD, mesh, and point cloud data
- Optimize/export data
- Automate tasks via Python API
Annual subscription: €1,000 per seat
Unity plug-in for data import
- Import CAD/3D/BIM data to Unity
- Preserve hierarchy and metadata
- Automate scripts with rule engine
Annual subscription: €1,000 per seat
Tool for CAD review
- Drag and drop CAD, mesh or point clouds
- One click to virtual reality
- Study and interact with models
Pixyz Scenario Processor
Contact us for pricing.
Deploy and scale 3D data preparation in the cloud
- Convert and optimize data in batches
- Run on AWS Cloud or standalone
- Unlocks scalability
Pixyz in action
Here are a few examples of how customers are using Pixyz products. Explore the content hub for more customer stories, webinars and articles.
Faster data ingest for Autoliv
By leveraging Pixyz, Autoliv’s creative pipeline was transformed. The time for CAD data transfer and optimization was reduced from four days per individual product down to just six hours.
Optimizing 3D data for an interactive marketing experience
When creating their product configurator, Arksen and their design partner canVERSE used Pixyz Studio to convert CAD data to tessellated triangle meshes, build UVs for texturing, and optimize the geometry.
Helping Volkswagen Group of America envision the future
A key component of Volkswagen’s visualization pipeline is bringing CAD data into Unity using Pixyz. This enables the team to create interactive experiences across different platforms to ideate, prototype and communicate.
Get started with Pixyz and Unity
Check out Unity Industrial Collection, which bundles Unity Pro, Pixyz Plugin and other software tools for better value.
You can access the full technical documentation for each Pixyz application here.
Pixyz supports more than 45 file formats for various industries, including CATIA, JT, STEP, IFC, PVZ, NWD, USD and glTF. See the full list of supported files by Pixyz here.
CAD files rely on exact parametric surfaces (called BRep, or NURBS), whereas real-time 3D engines like Unity need triangular representations of 3D objects (called meshes). Pixyz translates CAD data into mesh data.
For basic interactive workflows, use Pixyz Plugin to directly import CAD files.
For highly complex, heavy data, you can use Pixyz Studio (interactive process) or Pixyz Scenario Processor (automated process) to preprocess your CAD model into a format that can be easily imported into Unity, including prefabs, FBX, and glTF.
Pixyz offers many methods to simplify your model, including:
- Reducing the number of triangles through decimation or Remove Hidden Objects
- Reducing the complexity of the hierarchy and number of entities in your scenes (sub-meshes with merge or combine)
- Creating a new optimized GameObject through retopology (proxy-mesh + bake) or Create Impostor / Billboard
Pixyz licenses are provided as a separate entitlement from Unity licenses.
Pixyz Studio: Annual subscription: €1,800 per seat
Pixyz Plugin: Annual subscription: €1,000 per seat
Pixyz Review: Annual subscription: €2,714 per seat
For any other pricing queries contact us.
If you wish to purchase Pixyz Plugin, we recommend Unity Industry, which includes Unity Enterprise, the Pixyz Plugin and an Industry Success package complete with dedicated Unity Advisor and access to on-demand training. other software tools along with technical support for better value.