Building a better future
$8 million in grants
We award grants to help creators make positive, inclusive impacts using real-time 3D in the areas of education, digital health and wellbeing, and sustainability.
$1.4 billion in in-kind donations
We donate our products and services to increase access to real-time 3D education and help creators earn using our platform and tools.
We signed on to the Science-Based Targets initiative’s (SBTi) Business Ambition for 1.5℃ in 2021. We’ve remained carbon neutral since, and are working toward our net-zero commitment.
Employee health and wellness
The mission of our Wellbeing program is to empower our employees to be well at work and beyond. We do this through our global benefit offerings and wellness initiatives.
Employee support for communities
Employees are encouraged to support the communities and causes that matter to them by volunteering 20 working hours per year and having up to $1,000 in donations matched by Unity.
Environment and sustainability
As global citizens who share the planet, we are dedicated to taking action on climate change by reducing our environmental impact today and into the future. Environmental sustainability is at the heart of many of our initiatives, including operations, partnerships, charitable giving, and business strategy.
Our 2021 highlights:
- Net-zero carbon emissions
- Completion of baseline greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions inventory and materiality assessment
- Signing on to the Science Based Targets initiative’s (SBTi) Business Ambition for 1.5°C
Governance at Unity
We operate responsibly in everything we do to ensure that the future we are helping build is equitable and inclusive.
- Unity acquired OTO, an AI-driven content moderation tool that aims to detect toxicity and harassment in multiplayer gaming and works to make online voice-chat environments safer.
- Last year, we adopted Enhesa, a compliance intelligence tool, to assist with Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) compliance monitoring and self-audit capacity across Unity.
At the core of our ESG strategy are people – our employees, creators, and the global community.
Urban Arts Partnership (UAP)
Urban Arts Partnership’s School of Interactive Arts program teaches Unity to open industry doors for underrepresented students and under-resourced schools.
Games for Change (G4C)
G4C runs a robust portfolio of programs that highlight innovative approaches to using games and immersive media for social impact. We collaborated on the Cross-Cultural Impact Jam to uplift marginalized voices and advocate for meaningful social issues using RT3D experiences.